Department of Ultrasound and Colour Doppler
Dr Ajay Gupta,
Dr Kaushalendra Soni
The department has two color Doppler machines namely HD 11 9 (Philips) and Antares (Siemens).One routine B MODE ultrasound machine namely Adara (Siemens). The department is involved in supporting most of the specialties for the accurate diagnosis.
The cases which are routinely done are as follows:
- Routine ultrasound which includes Abdomen, KUB , Prostateetc.
- Small parts ultrasound i.e. thyroid, orbit, neck, chest, scrotum, breast etc.
- Obstetrics which includes ist timester, 2nd trimester (anomaly scan) and 3rd trimester ultrasounds, level 2/3 ultrasounds and fetal echocardiography.
- Gynaecological ultrasound which includes transabdominal and transvaginal assessment of pelvic organs.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound for shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, hip, ankle etc.
- Pediatric ultrasound which includes abdomen, pelvis, hip, neurosonograms etc.
- Vascular ultrasound which includes Color Doppler of the upper/lower extremities, carotids, abdomen (including portal system), scrotal, penile, obstetrics / gynecology etc.
- 3D/4D Ultrasound of abdomen, obstetrics and gynecological cases.
- Transrectal ultrasound for prostate, rectum etc.
The procedures routinely performed are:
- Renal biopsy.
- Liver biopsy.
- Pleural tap ( diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Ascitic tap( diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Tru cut biopsy of nodes, breast masses, liver masses etc.
- FNAC of nodes, thyroid etc
- Ovarian cyst aspirations.
- Musculoskeletal procedures which include shoulder injections, hip joint aspirations etc.
- Prostate biopsy.
Predominantly bedside procedures for pleural and ascetic tapping is done by portable ultrasound in the ward as well as in the ICUs.
The department has 3 full time consultants and 2 DNB students who are perusing their Post Graduate degree in Radiology, who are always available in the department.