The Nephrology department of Bombay Hospital Indore is one of the most advanced Nephrology units in the country. It gives comprehensive Nephrology care which includes general nephrology, intensive care nephrology, hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and kidney transplantation.
The hemodialysis unit is equipped with 17 ultramodern dialysis machines and RO plant. The work load is huge and increasing requiring round the clock service even for out-patients. It supports the 64-bedded critical care department with CRRT and SLED which are dialysis for patients who are seriously ill and dependant on high doses of medicines to maintain blood pressure. Hepatitis B and C patients have dedicated machines and staff thereby ensuring prevention of cross infection. All universal precautions are taken to prevent all forms of infection. The dialysis technicians are all well trained and experienced. Nearly 55 to 60 hemodialysis are done daily.
Kidney transplantation is being conducted at our hospital for more than 2 years. Patients from all over the Madhya Pradesh come here for kidney transplants. We perform live donor transplants as well as deceased donor transplants. This is to ensure highest ethical standards given the prevailing condition in the developing nations.
Clinics are conducted every day at the hospital by all consultants thus ensuring all patients get timely care. A free OPD is also conducted for the poor.
Treatments and Procedures :-
- Acute renal failure
- Chronic renal failure
- Acute and chronic nephritis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Reno vascular hypertension
- Collagen disorders involving the kidneys
- Facilities for CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) for critically ill patients requiring dialysis
- Hemodialysis for acute and chronic renal failure patients, drug overuse etc
- Short term dialysis prior to transplantation
- Plasmapheresis for renal or non-renal cases
- Rigorous precautions are taken with patients suffering from Hepatitis B and C and dialysis for such patients is done on separate machines
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) is done for dialysis done at home and does not require any complicated machinery or hospitalisation.
- Renal transplant both from living and cadaver donors. Cadaveric transplant is done by harvesting the organ from a person certified as brain dead or deceased