The chest medicine department offers a host of services to patients as follows:
Pulmonary Function Laboratory
Located on the first floor offers
- Lung volumes
- 6 min walk test
Sleep Apnea Screening Machines are available for conducting sleep studies and CPAP titration. Well trained technicians perform these tests.
These help diagnose a variety of sleep related disorders.
- Obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome
Bronchoscopy suite situated on the first floor has a trained technician, dedicated Nurse and Ward boy, houses 1 adult Videobronchoscope offering
- Diagnostic bronchoscopy for various conditions like non resolving pneumonia, suspected tumors, hemoptysis, etc.
- Therapeutic bronchoscopy for FOREIGN BODY REMOVAL, ASPIRATION PNEUMONIA, etc.
- PEDIATRIC SCOPY – diagnostic and therapeutic.
- LARYNGOSCOPY – evaluation of the vocal cords and voice box.
- THORACOCENTESIS ( PLEURAL TAPPING) DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC)
Respiratory Critical Care Services.
Fully equipped ICU beds where invasive and non-invasive Ventilators are available to manage patients e.g.
- Severe community acquired pneumonias
- Acute exacerbations of COPD and Asthma
- Various Interstitial Lung diseases
Co Ordination with CT and Ultrasound Department for imaging guided drainage and biopsies.
Management of Pleural Disorders
VIDEO THORACOSCOPY is done with Olympus semirigid thoracoscope and Karl Storz Rigid Thoracoscope offering a wide range of pleural biopsies, pleurodesis, adhesiolysis under local anaesthesia.
Diagnostic and therapeutic pleural aspirations
Intercostal tube insertions, pig tail catheter drainage.