As India’s population growth is more than rest of the world, we produce more heart patients than others. As a requirement we need to produce at least a few thousands trained cardiologists to address the growing needs of the heart patients.
Bombay Hospital –Indore has been recognized by IGNOU for its Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Cardiology (PGDCC) program.
This program is for MBBS graduates, aiming to develop a cadre of non-intervention cardiologists through a 2-year full time rigorous training. This program consists of thirteen courses. These represent non-invasive cardiology and diabetes mellitus.
After completion of this programme, one should be able to:
- Imbibe comprehensive knowledge of ongoing Common Cardiovascular Diseases and be able to manage Health Care Services at different institutional levels;
- Provide cardiac emergency at various places i.e. smaller town, district town;
- Provide services related to the Electrocardiography, Stress Test, Holter Monitoring, Echocardiography, Cardiac Radiology and related non-invasive services, including Diabetes Mellitus;
- Provide non-invasive peadiatric cardiology including peadiatric cardiac emergencies;
- Acquire knowledge of the risk factors of the cardiovascular diseases; and
- Provide preventive cardiology and cardiac rehabilitation services to the community.
This program package is a distance learning education developed with the help of multimedia technology. This package is consists of booklets i.e. blocks and cassettes for audio-visuals. There is also an arrangement for teleconferencing.
Applications can be obtained from the IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in. For more information log on to the website or Contact: