The Department of General Surgery at Bombay Hospital Indore, is a corner stone of integrated general and gastrointestinal care. We offer patient centric quality care built on evidence, compassion and innovation. Our aim is to integrate care across gastroenterology, oncology, pathology, radiology, interventional radiology, genetics and allied fields.
The physicians and surgeons at Bombay Hospital Indore, have got trained and worked at premiere institutions in India and abroad. The depth of surgical experience enables specialized care in fields such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastrointestinal Oncosurgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery and Endoluminal Surgery. Clinics and resources have been designed to help the patient meet all relevant doctors and obtain necessary investigations and treatment smoothly and efficiently. Whenever possible, the latest non-invasive and minimally invasive techniques (also called as Laparoscopy) are utilized. For problems that cannot be treated with these methods, traditional open operative methods are used.
For complex gastrointestinal issues such as rectal cancer, obesity or inflammatory bowel disease multidisciplinary care is essential. Bariatic Surgery is done by minimum invasive method. Bombay Hospital Indore has 3 world class consultants specialized in various sub specialties of General surgery are also teachers for DNB General surgery course.
Treatments and Procedures :-
- Liver surgery for benign and malignant diseases
- Surgical procedures for pancreatic cancer and chronic pancreatitis ( Whipple’s procedure, Frey’s operation)
- Surgery for reflux and hiatal hernia
- Gastric cancer surgery
- Surgery for Crohn’s Disease
- Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis
- Management of colon and rectal cancer
- Debulking and peritonectomy for advanced gastrointestinal malignancies
- Advanced colorectal procedures
- Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)
- Laparoscopic colonic surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery for rectal cancer
- Laparoscopic removal of spleen and lymph nodes
- Laparoscopic bariatric (obesity) surgery
- Laparoscopic CAPD (catheter placement for peritoneal dialysis)
- Laparoscopic hernia operation
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction with Component Separation
- Repair of complex abdominal fistulae
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS-removal of gallbladder, appendix etc.)